In addition to online talks for the RAF Club and the Company of Makers, Black has presented at the Cheltenham Literature Festival, Gloucester History Festival, London’s Brydges Place Club, RAeS branches and various Museums: Bentley Priory, Biggin Hill, Brooklands and the RAF’s at Cosford and Hendon.
Amongst this year’s highlights: an appearance at the Gloucester History Festival alongside Dilip Sarkar discussing the Spitfire and visits to the National Memorial to the Few, Capel-le-Ferne and the Army Flying Museum, Middle Wallop. Marking the opening of Vanguard’s new Staples Corner storage facility with a few words about the Hunter was a particular pleasure. Beautifully restored, the first production aircraft, WT555, is on display there, clearly visible from London’s North Circular road. If you’re passing, do take a look – but drive carefully!
- For information on future events:
- To enquire about talks, keynote presentations or after-dinner speaking:
The links below are to sessions with Mike Young, CEO of Aircrew Interview. Suggested start points for these YouTube videos are in brackets.
- Interview Part 1 – 28 February 2021
- Interview Part 2 – 7 March 2021
- Q&A First Session – 16 March 2021
- Q&A Second Session – 2 June 2021
- Q&A Third Session – 29 March 2022